Steps to connect your MinIO storage to SimpleBackups
Connect MinIO Storage to SimpleBackups
If you are using MinIO as your object storage system, you can easily connect it to SimpleBackups to store your backups. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Create a new bucket in MinIO
Log in to your MinIO dashboard and create a new bucket where you will store your backups. Make sure to take note of the bucket name.
Step 2: Generate access credentials in MinIO
To connect with SimpleBackups, you need to generate access credentials that have read and write permissions on the bucket you created in Step 1. You can do this by following these steps:
- Log in to your MinIO dashboard and click on the
- Click on
Generate New Keysto create a new set of access credentials
- Take note of the
Step 3: Add MinIO as a storage provider in SimpleBackups
- Go to https://my.simplebackups.com/storage and click on the "Connect Storage +" button.
- Select S3-Compatible Storage as the storage type.
- Enter the following information:
Endpoint: The URL to access your MinIO server (e.g.
Access Key: The access key value you generated in Step 2
Secret Key: The secret key value you generated in Step 2
Bucket: The name of the bucket you created in Step 1
- Click Validate to test the connection and then Save Storage at the bottom after giving it a name.
Last updated on May 12, 2023