Step by step guide to automate UpCloud server snapshots on a custom schedule, daily, hourly, weekly, etc.
SimpleBackups is a cloud backup service that provides an easy-to-use web interface to manage backups of various cloud providers, including Upcloud. This guide will walk you through the process of connecting your Upcloud account to SimpleBackups and creating a snapshot of your server.
Before you begin, you need to have an Upcloud account and a server running on Upcloud.
Connect Upcloud provider to SimpleBackups and create snapshots
To create a snapshot for your Upcloud instance, follow these steps:
- Log in to your SimpleBackups account.
- Click on the "Snapshots" button at the top of the screen.
- Click on the "Create snapshot" button.
- Click on "Connect a new provider".
- Select "Upcloud" from the list of providers.
- Enter your Upcloud API credentials (username and password).
- Click on "Save Provider".
- Select the instance you want to create the snapshot for.
- Configure your snapshot schedule, retention, and name, and then click on "Create a snapshot".
You have now successfully connected your Upcloud account to SimpleBackups and created a snapshot backup of your resource. You can now view your snapshot in the Snapshots tab of SimpleBackups and manage it accordingly.
Last updated on August 6, 2021