Step by step guide to retrieve your Linode API credentials
Linode API token is a unique identifier that allows us to access your Linodes. With your API token, you can authenticate your Linode account with SimpleBackups to create server snapshots
- You must have an active Linode account.
- You must have signed in to the Linode Cloud Manager.
Steps to Retrieve Linode Token
- Log in to the Linode Cloud Manager.
- Click on your user profile icon located at the top right corner of the page.
My Profilefrom the drop-down menu.
- On the
Profilepage, click on the
- Click on the
Create A Personal Access Tokenbutton.
- Enter a label for your token in the
- Choose the access permissions for your token. You can select
Read-Onlypermissions. for SimpleBackups, we want read/write permissions on
- Click on
- Your token will be displayed on the screen. Copy your token and save it in a secure location.
Congratulations! You have successfully retrieved your Linode API token. You can now use it to create snapshots of your Linodes on SimpleBackups
Last updated on March 29, 2023