Automate your backups with our API and triggers
Trigger backup remotely
The backup Trigger URL is a unique URL for every backup you have that can be used to run that backup immediately with without having to log in to SimpleBackups.
Example use cases:
- Give your client or another developer a URL they can use to run that backup.
- Run your backup on a custom interval, let's say every X minutes/hours.
- Run your backup before you deploy a new version of your app.
- Run your backup on-demand using a single URL when needed.
How to use the Backup Trigger URL?
- Create a backup on SimpleBackups.
- View the newly created backup or an already existing backup (
- Under the Backup Trigger URL you will find a URL that you can use in a cURL function, a Zapier integration, cron, deploy script, share it with a developer, or use it to run your backup on-demand.
Did this answer your question?
Last updated on August 6, 2021